MGPK DISCIPLINE AND CODE OF REGULATIONS
Any member or official of the party must adhere to party disciplinary code of regulations.
- The party disciplinary code of regulations prohibits party members or officials from;
- getting involved in violence as a means of promoting their individual or party position on any political matter; they shall not misrepresent the party members or party organs. Any such misrepresentations will attract disciplinary proceedings in accordance with this constitution.
- tampering with party records, documents or accounts.
- acting in any way against a candidate fielded by the party in any election.
- prejudicing the integrity or repute of the party, its personnel or its operational capacity by impeding the activities of the party or creating divisions within its ranks or membership.
- failing to pay the subscriptions fee for more than three years.
- misappropriating funds of the party or destroying its properties.
- abusing elected or employed staff in the party or in Government or trying to obtain any direct or indirect undue advantage or enrichment.
- breaching the peace through disorderly behaviour.
- deliberately disrupting meetings or otherwise interfering with the orderly functioning of the party.
- Disciplinary proceedings against a member or official shall be confined to violations of Mazingira Greens Party constitution, code of conduct, rules, or other regulations made pursuant to this constitution.
- The penalties for breaching party discipline include a warning, reprimand, and payment of fine, suspension and in grave circumstances, expulsion.
- Disciplinary proceedings may be initiated by any organ or official of the party at the sub-branch, branch and even at national level.
- A charge shall be made in writing within reasonable time of the alleged commission of offence.
- Accused persons shall be granted an opportunity to prepare their own defence.
- The decision of the disciplinary organ shall be in writing and shall be communicated to the accused after a fair hearing.
- The accused shall have the right to appeal.
- Any appeal hearing must be held by the next higher organ in the party.
FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA